Early Entry to the M.A. Degree in Anthropology
Interested in learning more about applying and transitioning to an MA program? Here is a video of an Informational Session (click here) we held last spring.
Find out if you qualify for Early Entry to the Anthropology MA program
- Start graduate course work before completing BA/BS
- Earn up to 12 hours of Graduate Credit while paying Undergraduate tuition
- No GRE scores needed
- See if graduate school is right for you
- Reduce the time needed to get the MA after graduation
Students need to have earned at least 80 hours to apply, GPA > 3.0 (3.5 in Anthropology)
Application deadlines are rolling - but we encourage you to submit at least a month before you would like to start taking graduate courses.
Timeline for applying
- Talk with the graduate director about early entry to consider courses
- Begin thinking about your personal interests and career goals
- The semester you’ll complete 80 credits:
- Begin drafting your statement of purpose.
- Start your online application at mygradschool.uncc.edu.
- Request transcripts from your undergraduate institutions (outside of UNCC).
- Send your two recommenders supplemental materials (like your resume, statement of purpose, etc.) that they can use as a reference.
- Have one of your recommenders read over your personal statement for comments.
- Complete and submit all application materials by October or March, keeping copies of every section for your records.
- Register for all undergraduate courses as a back-up (Oct./March).
- If admitted
- Get Forms filled out for changes in schedule
- Meet with graduate advisor to discuss personalized academic plan
Benefits of Enrolling in the Early Entry Program
Early Entry students will have provisional acceptance to the graduate program, pending the award of the baccalaureate degree, generally within two semesters.
Early Entry students will be charged undergraduate tuition and fees for all courses (graduate and undergraduate) for which they register. Upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, students will be charged graduate tuition and fees.
After you graduate you can apply for merit based awards based on FASFA info.
- Scholarship - $2000/year
- Tuition Support – up to $4200/year
- Assistantships – can pay part to all tuition, and include base salary (min. of $7000/year).